Join our team!
Please see below for current vacancies. If you have some spare time, or would like to develop new skills you might like to consider joining us as a volunteer.
Responsible to: Theatre Manager & Chief Executive
Responsible for: Café Staff & Bar Staff
Working with: Duty Managers, Box Office Staff & Front of House Staff
Key part of: Operations Team
Hours 30-37.5 per week (to be discussed). Evening, weekend and Bank Holiday working may be required.
Salary: £ 20,000 pro rata
We are on the lookout for a new Café Manager to steer us through this next phase of opening up. If you are pro-active, a good leader, great with customers and a skilled cook, then this is the opportunity for you!
Key duties to include but not limited to:
- Effective management of café including writing menus, preparing and serving food, welcoming members of the public, recruiting, training and managing café and bar staff.
- Ensuring all relevant food hygiene standards and procedures are implemented and adhered to.
- Carrying out supplies ordering and stock checking.
- Working with the Theatre Manager to develop our function and events space, providing catering facilities where necessary.
For full Job description and person specification click here: MTT-Cafe-Manager-JD-June21.
To apply: Email a C.V. and covering letter to Theatre Manager, Sam Hunt email@example.com
Deadline to apply is Midday on 1st July
The Marina Theatre is an Equal Opportunities employer: MTT Equal-Opportunities-Monitoring-Form-2021
Reporting to: Theatre Manager, Box Office Manager
Responsible for: Stewards both paid and volunteers
Key Objective: To provide a friendly and welcoming environment for our audience and to ensure their safety and comfort throughout their visit. To be successful as a Senior Steward, you should be committed to working hard, you should be friendly and helpful to customers, and have strong team-working skills.
Hours by negotiation
Rate of pay: £9.20 Per Hour
Senior Steward Responsibilities:
- To be familiar with evacuation and emergency procedures, and assist with evacuations as required
- To ensure your own health and safety and that of all others within the building at all times
- To know and follow any First Aid procedures
- Assist the Theatre Manager with training new staff/volunteers
- Sometimes be called upon to be a Duty Manager for films/screenings shows and events
- Deal with seating issues and any customer complaints by communicating with DM and B.O
- Greet audience members in the building
- Check tickets and guide audience members to their seats
- Sell programmes/Merchandise
- Ensure audience are not using recording equipment during performances-IF show has requested
- Sell refreshments from trays or kiosks during the interval
- Re-stock the refreshment kiosks and trays
- Ensure all areas of the venue are kept clean and tidy
- Undertake duties as required in any other aspect of the venue
- Learn the box office system Spektrix
- Work regular shifts on the box office
- Maintain and regularly cleanse the theatres database of customer information, according to venue and Data Protection laws and guidelines
- Ensure that health and safety, licence, Data protection and audit requirements and laws are adhered to
- Ensure all venue publicity is up to date, in plentiful supply and displayed correctly
- Ensure all audit procedures for the handling of personal information and monies are followed correctly
- Maximise the upselling of other events, pre show meals and other offerings at the venue
- Ensure any customer concerns are dealt with promptly, complaints are formalised and ongoing feedback is obtained for continuous improvement
Senior Steward Requirements:
- Stewarding experience
- Staff management experience
- Experience with using a box office system would be an advantage, but not essential as full training would be given
- First Aid qualification would be an advantage, but not essential as full training would be given
- The flexibility to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Good administrative and IT skills
- Excellent literary and numeracy skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work under pressure
- Cash handling experience
- Able to deal with customer problems efficiently and promptly
- Ability to think on their feet and take initiative
- A friendly, polite, and courteous nature
- Strong customer service and team working skills
- Have awareness of diversity and equality
To Apply please send a C.V. and covering Letter to Theatre Manager Sam Hunt firstname.lastname@example.org
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
Marina Theatre, Lowestoft | £24,000 – £26,000 pa D.O.E.
The Marina Theatre Lowestoft is looking for an experienced and driven Marketing & Communications Manager to lead on all marketing activity to drive ticket sales & revenue.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, this is an exciting opportunity to join a busy, up and coming venue at a crucial time. As well as post-Covid recovery the Marina is planning a significant programme of change that will see the Marina diversify its activities onstage and off and engage more widely with current and potential audiences.
The Marketing & Communications Manager is a key member of the Marina’s senior management team, providing a strategic lead and will have a specific focus on the theatre’s use of audience data/intelligence, driving the use of digital/on-line communications and building sustainable and meaningful relationships with our audiences.
To download the application pack for this role, click here: Marketing and Communications Marketing Application Pack
Deadline for receipt of applications is Monday 7th June.
The Marina Theatre is an equal opportunities employer. MTT Equal-Opportunities-Monitoring-Form-2021
Freelance Creative Practitioner
Are you a freelance creative practitioner based in East Anglia? We’d love to hear from you!
Plans are afoot to reimagine our community engagement offer and we want to develop our pool of creative practitioners to support this work. If you’re interested in working with us, please contact Amy at email@example.com with your CV.