Marina Youth Theatre Leader
The Marina Theatre is looking for an experienced and versatile freelance youth theatre leader and workshop facilitator to join our team and co-lead our Saturday morning and Monday evening theatre groups – as well as assisting and leading on a number of outreach projects and school workshops we have coming up.
In October 2016 we began to expand and develop our outreach and youth work, and are dedicated to becoming a vital and versatile hub for the creative arts in the area.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience of running youth theatre groups of all ages and abilities.
- Be confident leading and assisting workshops on a range of subjects.
- Be committed, hardworking and adaptable.
- Have a broad knowledge of different theatre styles and practitioners.
- Have experience as a writer, director or actor (or all three!)
- Have an up to date DBS check.
To apply, please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 29th August
Fundraising Consultant/ Bid Writer (freelance)
The Marina Theatre, Lowestoft is looking for a freelance fundraising consultant/ bid writer to begin working with us to support our fundraising activities. We are at an important junction in the theatre’s development and this is an exciting opportunity to help shape our future.
This role leads on sourcing potential funding streams, gathering the information required, writing the applications, and managing follow ups and reporting.
We are looking for someone with a proven track record of raising income for project and revenue funding and writing detailed proposals to obtain funding from various sources. A good understanding and knowledge of trusts, statutory and lottery fundraising is essential.
This role is conceived as a casual freelance role depending on current requirements, to suit the needs of the Theatre and the post holder. We envisage to begin with that the role will be for 5-8 hours a month. We are looking for the right person and would be open to any conversation about how this might come about.
The post holder would be expected to visit the theatre occasionally to meet with other staff, but can on the whole work from home if that is preferred. Ideally the candidate will be based in our region to aid this.
Freelance rate of pay around £12 per hour.
For further information and details on how to apply please click HERE.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 5th September at 10am.
We are keen to hear from Freelance Creative Arts Practitioners…
The Marina Theatre is expanding and developing its Education, Young People and Outreach work and we are looking for experienced and talented Freelance Creative Arts Practitioners to join our pool. We have various exciting projects on the horizon in a range of settings and with a variety of groups.
We are keen to hear from people with the following experience and skills:
- A range of practical performing art skills.
- Experience of workshop planning and delivery
- Experience of working with young people aged between 5-18 years old
- Experience of directing young people in theatrical productions
- Self-motivated, well-organised and efficient
- Commitment to furthering young people’s skill and experience as creators of theatre and helping them take ownership of their work
- Experience managing potentially complex participants and behaviours
- Co-facilitation experience
All practitioners will be employed on a freelance basis and must have an up to date DBS check.
If you would like to be considered for work as a Creative Arts Practitioner with us please submit a CV and a short covering letter outlining your area of interest and relevant experience to Will Isgrove email@example.com