Information we collect about you
We may collect personal information that can identify you, such as your name and email address, phone number, and other information that does not identify you. When you provide personal information through our website, or at the box office in person or on the telephone, the information may be sent to servers located in the United Kingdom and other countries around the world.
Information you provide
We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our website or provide to us in some other manner (such as at the box office when buying tickets), including personal information that may be contained in any comment or other submission you upload or post to the website including social media. This includes identifying information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number; and, if you transact business with us, financial information such as your payment method (valid credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information). We also may request information about your interests and activities, your gender and age, and other demographic information. We collect information, through cookies, if you register on our website.
Information from other sources
We may also periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from business partners, contractors and other third parties. Examples of information that we may receive include: updated delivery and address information, purchase history, and additional demographic information.
Information about others
We may also collect and store personal information about other people that you provide to us. If you use our website to send others (friends, relatives, colleagues, etc.) a product as a gift, information that may interest them or messages (such as invitations) through our system, we may store your personal information, and the personal information of each such recipient. Similarly, if you use our website to upload, share and/or distribute content (including, comments or other submissions), and such content contains personal information about others, such information may be stored in order to allow for such uploading, sharing and/or distribution.
How we use the information we collect
We may use information that we collect about you to:
- deliver the products and services of our business operation
- manage customer accounts and provide customer support;
- perform research and analysis about use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others; this may be for the purposes of fundraising, market research or relevant marketing information
- communicate by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time
- communicate by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you by other similar arts, entertainment and cultural organisations or third party if you agree to this. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time
- develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests
- enforce our terms and conditions;
- manage our business and charitable activities and
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
You can change your communication preferences in the ‘my account’ section of your online account or by telephoning the box office.
We may use financial information or payment method to process payment for any purchases, subscriptions or sales made on our website, on phone or in person to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business
For the purposes of Data Protection, the Data Controller is the Marina Theatre Trust. For further information you can contact us at Marina Theatre, Marina, Lowestoft, Suffolk, NR32 1HH.