OUR DATA PROMISE
Marina Theatre is committed to protecting your privacy and data. We will use the information that we collect about you in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you when you place an order for tickets or services. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback and participate in competitions. Website usage information is collected using cookies.
The information we hold about you may include:
- Your name
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Ticketing history
- Billing address information
- Direct Debit instructions for memberships or donations
- Donation history
- Gift Aid declaration
- Your preferences for how we communicate with you about our activities
- Information that is available publicly
How will we use the information about you?
We collect information about you to process your order, manage your account and, to email you about other shows and events we think may be of interest to you.
We use your information collected from the website to personalise your repeat visits to our website.
- Provide you with the show tickets or respond to information you have asked for
- Contact you if there are any important changes to your booking
- Administer your ticket sale, Privilege Card or donation, including processing gift aid
- Keep a record of your relationship with us
- Ensure we know how you prefer to be contacted
- Occasionally undertake customer research to help us understand how we can improve our services or information
- Tell you about changes in our services or new services, events offers, and opportunities to support us that we think you’ll find of interest
- Analyse your personal information to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information most relevant to you
Marina Theatre will not share your information for marketing purposes with outside companies.
We will send you information about shows and events which you may want to see as part of your legitimate interest in the theatre. We will ask you to opt in to any updates about our outreach programme or fundraising. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at anytime.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact us – email@example.com
We use Audience View, a secure ticketing system, to process your data and send Marketing.
Access to your information and correction
You have the following rights related to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of personal information held about you (which we will provide within one month of the date of request, free of charge, unless the request is repetitive, unfounded or excessive)
- The right to request that inaccuracies be corrected
- The right to request us to stop processing your personal data
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (by calling 0303 123 1113, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org) or Fundraising Regulator (by calling 0300 999 3407, or emailing email@example.com).
- The right to have your data erased (which we will do within one month of the date of request)
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
Measuring website usage (Google Analytics)
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use our website. We do this to help make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements.
Google Analytics stores information about:
- The pages you visit on website - how long you spend on each page
- How you got to the site
- What you click on while you’re visiting the site
How to contact us
Head of Marketing