Joe McElderry will soon return to the Marina Theatre in his celebrated and critically acclaimed role in the sparkling family musical Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.
Ahead of the performances, which run from Tuesday 26th September to Saturday 30th September, we have compiled some fun facts and key information about the touring production.
- Joseph’s coat spans an amazing 12 metres, weighs an astonishing 20kg and cost a jaw-dropping £10,000.
- Since 1979 there have been over 15,000 performances of Bill Kenwright’s production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.
- The production uses state-of-the-art lighting incorporating over 300 different lanterns all connected by over 3 miles of cable.
- Every week, 40 local children join the production to form the choir, which plays an integral part of the show.
- Bill Kenwright’s record-breaking production of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s and Tim Rice’s Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat toured for 12 years from 1979 to 1991, breaking box office records around the country and entering The Guinness Book of Records as the longest running touring stage musical of all time.
- ‘Any Dream Will Do’ from Joseph was voted the Broadway Song of the Year in 1981 and awarded an Ivor Novello award in 1991.
- Joseph has a strong history of first class productions. It has played in 13 different countries, touring extensively. The show has played in over 80 cities in the US alone.
- Joseph has over the years been renowned for its famous star cast members. They include Phillip Schofield, Darren Day, Donny Osmond, Jason Donovan and Stephen Gately.
- Joseph has been the subject of at least 12 different cast albums in its history.
- Joseph has kept its roots as a musical written for schools and there are nearly 500 school or amateur productions each year in the UK, and over 750 internationally.
- It is currently estimated that the show has been performed in nearly 20,000 schools, involving over 700,000 performers.
To book tickets, call the box office on 01502 533200 or CLICK HERE!